<< Go back to the previous page


Alert message sent 07/03/2020 13:49:00

Information sent on behalf of Cheshire Constabulary


A pedlar requires a certificate to allow him/her to trade (often selling trinkets, household goods and other hand made objects) whilst on foot. Pedlars can travel from:

• door to door
• place to place, or
• town to town.

To sell items Door to Door you need a Pedlars Licence as required under the Pedlars Act 1871. The certificate should be issued by the Chief Constable of the area from which the salesperson resides. If they don't have one they are committing an offence.

Pedlar Certificates are valid for one year and are issued by Police in the area in which they live. It can only be granted to persons over the age of 17 years.

Persons carrying missionary bags from house to house selling small articles for domestic use and applying the proceeds for charitable purposes are not Pedlers’, nor are persons standing in the street to sell their goods who do not go either from house to house or town to town.

Please contact your local officer for further info.

Email : Joathan.hurst@cheshire.pnn.police.uk Tel : 01606 366166

If you wish to report an incident please contact Cheshire Police on 101

Message sent by
Jon Hurst (Police, PCSO, Chester LPU Rural & Frodsham PCSO)

Message tag words

Back to previous page
Click here to tweet this message to your followers

Discuss this alert message

Please see terms below before using this feature
Please be aware that the facility above is a Facebook service, posting your views will make some of your Facebook information visible to everyone (as with any Facebook activity).

The system administrators (VISAV Limited) monitor the content added. Any misuse or objectionable material should be reported to support@neighbourhoodalert.co.uk.

The views expressed do not represent the views of the system administrators who are VISAV Limited, the Police, Neighbourhood Watch and other Information Provider using this service.